Bachelor Of Design
Bachelor Of Design which is abbreviated as B.D or B.Des is the familiar field included Interior Designing, Fashion designing and Web Designing. Bachelor Of Design(B.D) related with Designing information and Subjects which is mostly studied Bachelor Of Design. In Design is the process of creating or executing a work or plan in an artistic or highly skilled manner. A Design can be a shape, a configuration or a pattern. Bachelor of Design is an Undergraduate Academic Degree, awarded for a course or a program in the field of Design. It is abbreviated as B.Des. or B.D. which stands for Bachelor of Design or Bachelor in Design. When we speak of Design, the first thought that comes into our minds is that of Fashion Designing. In fact, Fashion Designing is a specialization in B.Des. Designing is a vast field and its application involves a multitude of mediums, some of which are – Infrastructure Interior, Graphics, Textiles, Websites, Games etc. B.Des. course equips the students with the latest in the Design world. Apart from Theory classes, the course curriculum includes Workshops, Exhibitions, Fashion Shows, Seminars etc.
Duration – Duration of B.Des. is 4 years consisting of a number of semesters, which are mostly 8 in number.
- Bachelor in Design requires a candidate to have cleared 10+2 in any stream from a Government recognized Board.
- Percentage requirement varies from Institute to Institute. Mostly it is between 45% – 55%.
- Some Institutes also conduct Entrance Test for Admission. Example NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology).
B.D Course Structure
Various Institutes have their own Course Structure. But most follow it in the following manner:
1. Foundation Course – The Foundation Course is of 1 year.
2. Specialization – After the Foundation Course students can opt for any one specialization, provided by their respective Institutes.
Bachelor Of Design Subjects
Bachelor of Design Subjects vary according to one’s chosen field of Specialization.
Foundation Course Subjects / Topics
- Basic Design.
- History of Art.
Note : These Subjects / Topics may vary from Institute to Institute.
Bachelor Of Design Specialisations
- Accessory Design.
- Ceramic Design.
- Fashion Design.
- Game Design.
- Graphic Design.
- Industrial Design.
- Interior Design.
- Leather Design.
- Jewellery & Metalsmithing.
- Knitwear Design.
- Multimedia Design.
- Textile Design.
Advantages or Benefits of Bachelor of Design Degree
- B.Des can offer a fulfilling professional future and enable one to face the challenges in fast changing global scenario.
- Since it is a field of skill, it equips the youth for a career, nationally and internationally.
- The Course not only provides lucrative self-employment opportunities but it also generates jobs for others.
- One can also go for a higher degree, like M.Des.
Bachelor Of Design Jobs
Designing is the core requirement of today’s dazzling visual rich world. As consumers we all like to buy things that have aesthetic value. For creating and marketing products which have aesthetic value, the services of skilled people is required. To fulfil the demand, B.Des graduates are the most suited.
B.D Employment Areas
- Departmental Stores.
- Furniture-Manufacturing Units & Accessories.
- Fashion Marketing.
- Design Production Management.
- Fashion Media.
- Quality Control.
B.D Job Types
- Costume Designers.
- Design Managers.
- Fashion Forecasters.
- Fashion Merchandisers.
- Fashion Stylists.
- Textile Designers.
- Weaving Consultants.
- Cutting Assistant.
- Outside Sales Representative.
- Graphic Designer.
About the author
Leave a Comment
Date sheets 2013
|Lahore Board 9th Class Date Sheet 2013|
|Lahore Board 10th Class Date Sheet 2013|
|Gujranwala Board 10th class date sheet|
|Faisalabad Board 9th &10th Date Sheet|
|Rawalpindi Board 9th &10th date sheet|
|Federal Board 9th Class &10th Date sheet|