COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION, 2004
Regulations for the Physical Examination of Candidates for the Competitive Examination for recruitment to BS 17 under the Federal Government
1. These regulations are published for the convenience of candidates and in order to enable them to ascertain the probability of their coming up to the required physical standard. But it must he clearly understood that the Government of Pakistan reserve to themselves an absolute discretion to eject is unfit any candidate whom they may consider, on the report of the Medical Board, to be physically disqualified for the Services and that their discretion is in no respect limited by these regulations.
2. If any change is made in the standard of physical fitness, an announcement will be made accordingly before the examination.3. Night blindness will be a cause of rejection for District Management Group, Police Service of Pakistan, Customs and Excise Group and Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group”
3. Physical disability of any kind will also be the cause of rejection for all services to which recruitment is made on the basis of Competitive Examination (President’s. Ordinance regarding 1% quota for disabled persons will not be applicable in the case of this examination)
4. To be passed as fit for appointment a candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties of his/her appointment. Candidates whose height is less than 1524 millimeters will not he considered physically fit for appointment to any of the BS- 17 post under the Federal Government. In the case of female candidates, this standard will he reduced to 1473 millimeters for posts which are completely sedentary provided the weight of such candidates is not less than 43.5 kilograms.
5. (a) In the matter of the correlation of age, height and chest-girth of candidates, it is left to the Medical Board to use whatever correlation figures are considered most suitable as a guide in the examination of the candidates except for the Police.
6. The candidate’s height will be measured as follows
He/She will remove his/her shoes and be placed against the standard with his/her feet together and the weight thrown on the heels, and not on the toes at’ outer sides of the feet. He/She will stand erect without rigidity and with the heels, calves, buttocks and shoulders touching the standard; the chin will be depressed to bring the vertex of the head level under the horizontal bar and the height will be recorded in millimeters.
7. The candidate’s chest will be measured as follows :— He/She will be made to stand erect with his/her feet together’ and to raise his/her arms over his/her head. The tape will he so adjusted round the chest that its upper edge touches the interior angles of the shoulder blades behind and lies in the same horizontal plane when the tape is taken round the chest. The aims will then be lowered to hang loosely by the side and care will be taken that the shoulders are not thrown upward or backwards so as to displace the tape. The candidate will then be directed to take a deep aspiration several times and the maxi mum expansion of the chest ill be carefully noted and the minimum and maximum will then be recorded in millimeters 838—890. 864927, etc. In recording the measurements fractions of less than 13 millimeters should not be noted.
8. The candidate will also be weighed and his/her weight recorded in kilograms. Fractions of a kilogram should not be noted.
9. The candidate’s eye sight will be tested in accordance with the following rules. The result of each test will be recorded:’
(i) General-The candidate’s eyes will be submitted to a general examination directed to the detection of any disease of abnormality. The candidate will be rejected if he/she suffers from any squint or morbid conditions of’ eyes, eyelids or contiguous structures, or such a sort as to render, or to be likely at a future date to render him/her unfit for service.
(ii) Visual Acuity, -(A). The examination for determining the acuteness of vision includes two tests—one for distant, the other for near vision. Each eye will be examined separately.
10. The Army test types will be used for the test for distant vision without glasses at a distance of 6096 millimeters and for the test or near vision, without glasses, at any distance selected by the candidat.
Note. –This issues with the approval of the Government.
About the author
i am writing on the different education news and different career building topics.this page maintained by Ali Hassan
Leave a Comment
|Swat Board Matric Results 2013|
|Peshawar Board Matric Results 2013|
|Abbottabad Board Matric Results 2013|
|Quetta Board Matric Result 2013|
|Bannu Board Matric Result 2013|
|Kohat Board Matric Result 2013|
- CSS 2013 Pakistan Exams Advertisement
- CSS Syllabus
- Eligibility Criteria for applying CSS exams