University of Science and Technology, UET Lahore is the oldest technical university in Pakistan. It was established in 1921, and located in Lahore, Punjab. It offers bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees in the disciplines of technical sciences and management. The governor of Punjab is the chancellor of UET. Vice-Chancellor is the head of the executive and control functions of the university.
UET Lahore provides six faculties containing a total of 23 departments with strong emphasis on engineering, technological education, scientific education and research. According to the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, UET is one of the highest rated universities in technology in Pakistan. In 2010, UET Lahore won two hundred and eighty first engineering and Technology University in the World University Rankings. UET also holds an engineering college Admission Test (ECAT) each year in the province of Punjab.
University of Management and Technology UET Lahore has offered admissions for session 2012, details are below:
Ranking of UET among world’s Technology Universities:
- No.1 Public Sector Engineering University in Pakistan
- 281 in World Engineering Universities
- 61 in Asian Engineering Universities
- 85 in Asian Natural Sciences Universities
It has the owner to produce largest number of Engineering students in Pakistan (> 32,000)
- In UET Student conscription is 9694 with 780 international students
- Faculty potency is 913 together with 35 part time faculty members
- Annual frequent Budget is Rs. 2276 M and Development Budget is Rs. 733 M
Contacts of UET in 2011 – 2012
Name & Designation
|Vice-Chancellor Lt. Gen. ( R ) Muhammad Akram Khan|
HIM. SIM. Tbt. SI.
|P.S. to Vice Chancellor Mr. Ijaz Ali Khan||042-99250201|
|Admin. Officer Mr. Khalid Pervaiz||042-99250201|