Online Form Submission Program for students

CHAKWAL, Punjab government’s new move asking students appearing in the intermediate supplementary examination to send their admission forms online has left hundreds of candidates high and dry, it has been learnt.

The Rawalpindi Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) is scheduled to hold the supplementary exam from November 24. But the students, especially in the far-off areas, are very confused as many schools in the district have no internet facility.

Most of the candidates are even not aware of the word ‘online’ and they are sending their admission forms by post despite the fact that BISE has announced that it would not accept them. “I deposited my fee of Rs1,320 in Habib Bank today and dispatched my forms from the General Post Office. Neither the bank raised any objection nor the form collector at the GPO said anything,” said Sadaf, a candidate. BISE has selected some schools in Rawalpindi division from where the students can send their admission forms online but the selected schools in Chakwal district do not have the desired facilities and the heads of some schools are even not aware of the government new move. “We do not have the internet facility and the scanner is also out of order. We have sent complaints to the authorities concerned but to no avail,” said Shahida, the headmistress of Government Girls High School No 1.

She was even not aware of the extension in the last date for sending admission forms from September 29 to October 11.

Taj Begum, the headmistress of Government Girls High School No 2, said nobody had informed her about any new policy.

Malik Ijaz, the headmaster of Government High School No 1, Talagang, said their school had the desired facilities for sending admission forms but no candidate had approached them so far.

Government High School No 1 for boys in Chakwal is the only school from where some candidates have sent their forms.

A teacher requesting not to be named termed the government’s new policy untimely. “At this time when the students hardly have two months to prepare for the exams, the government has put them in a quandary,” he maintained. He said the new policy should have been introduced from annual exams.

On the other hand, students of BA and MA level still send their admission forms by post.

When contacted, Arsalan Cheema, the spokesman for BISE, said they had informed the heads of selected schools. “Government has provided them the facility of internet by constructing modern computer labs,” he added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here