Looking for MBBS/BDS Admission Criteria and Requirements in Pakistan then you are at the right place as this is the fastest growing educational website of Pakistan that is why this is our prime responsibility to provide you full educational assistance which you may require to apply for the Medical and dental Colleges of the Pakistan. The annual number of students that are able to take admission in the MBBS or BDS Colleges of the Pakistan is decided by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council PMDC every year as the last year ration was the Public sector Medical colleges will allow to admit only 350 students per year whereas the private colleges are allowed 150 students and on the other hand public sector BDS Colleges can give admission to 100 students whereas the private can only admit 80 students per year. So the MBBS/BDS Admission Criteria and Requirements in Pakistan is changes a little bit every year from the official body that is PMDC and here down on this page you will get the complete information.
MCAT Entry Test:
The first step to take the admission in the Medical Colleges of Pakistan in the courses of MBBS and BDS is the entry test as only those candidates who will clear this entry test will be able to get admission in that colleges otherwise the candidates are said to be rejected. Every year an entry test is arranged by the provincial government for the Public Medical colleges admission in the province as in the Punjab the test is arranged by the UHS, in the KPK it is arranged by ETEA authority and in Sindh and Balochistan this Medical Entry test is arranged by the National Testing Service and on the other had Private Medical Colleges arrange the entry test on thier own but what ever the entry test procedure is all the Medical and Dental Colleges of the Pakistan has to make sure that the process will be completed before the month November as the new classes will be start on the same timing.
MBBS/BDS Admission Criteria and Requirements in Pakistan
Documents Require for MBBS/BDS Admission Form:
- Domicile Certificate of the candidate (No other certificate or document shall be acceptable in lieu of domicile of the candidate).
- Certificates or Result Cards of SSC and HSSC (Pre-Medical Group).
- Eight (08) recent colored photographs (size 3.5cm x 4.5cm), Two (02) colored photographs (size 2.5cm x 2.5cm).
- Applicant having equivalent foreign qualifications (O and A-Level, 12th Grade, etc.) shall have to provide Equivalence Certificate issued by Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
Merit Criteria for MBBS and BDS Colleges:
- Matric equivalent 10%
- Pakistan F.Sc.l HSSC/ Intermediate (Pre-medical)/ equivalent- 40%
- Entry Test 50%
MBBS/BDS Admission Criteria:
- The candidate who has passed the (F.Sc.) Intermediate Science HSSC Examination (Pre-Medical Group) securing at least 60% marks in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Board of Higher Secondary Education / Intermediate/ F.Sc. in Pakistan shall be eligible to take the entry test for admission in MBBS/BDS.
- The candidate who has passed an examination equivalent to (F.Sc.) Intermediate Science/ HSSC Examination level of Pakistan from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with three subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subjects with 60% marks in aggregate as certified by IBCC to be equivalent to (F.Sc.) The equivalence by IBCC in the above terms shall be accepted in aggregate and the candidate shall be eligible to take the entry test for admission in the MBBS/ BDS course with any study group whichever the IBCC may write.